Sunday, April 15, 2007

April Snowstorm, Part 2

I've just finished watching the local weather forecasts on 8, 10 and 13, and they're all on the same page, pretty much. Channel 13 (WHAM) had what I considered to be the most measured predictions, looking for only 3-6 inches of snow in the Rochester metro area. Channel 10 (WHEC) is calling for 7-11 inches, while Channel 8 (WROC) says we'll see 6-12.

Personally, I don't buy it. I've been watching the storm off and on all day and haven't seen a lick of snow. Josh Nichols on WHEC
Click on the link to Send your Press Release and be featured on this blog.
was showing some webcam views, and said there was snow falling in downtown Rochester, but it was really difficult to see any. I think Mr. Nichols is trying really hard to look good, but he's stretching it a bit, asking us to see things that aren't there.

I'm about 2 miles north of downtown and there's not much evidence of snow yet. I'm seeing some mix now, but temperatures are only going to drop to maybe 30 degrees, so I don't expect this to measure up to much. The TV weathermen are calling for a sloppy drive Monday morning, and maybe they're right, but they're going to need a big hand from Mother Nature.

The weather forecasters have been warning about this storm for nearly a week and now that it's finally.... almost... nearly here, it looks like a paper tiger for Rochester.

I'm putting an ice cube out on the open back porch. That's usually a pretty good indication of how cold it really is. (For those who forgot their 3rd grade science lessons: water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home